Paramedics treat woman after fire in Acton

A woman needed treatment from paramedics after an oven caught fire at a house in Acton on Sunday night,

Fire crews from Long Melford and Sudbury were called to Old Post Office Row at around 9.50pm.

The property was full of smoke and a small fire in the oven had been extinguished before crews arrived at 10pm.

The house was ventilated and made safe and an ambulance was called for a woman from the house who was suffering from breathing in some smoke.

Fire crews were back at base by 10.50pm.