MURDER INVESTIGATION: Searches to be extended in bid to locate Weybread’s Sylvia Stuart
Police are broadening their search in a bid to locate missing Weybread pensioner Sylvia Stuart.
Searches will be carried out between Suffolk and Essex, following ground and aerial searches for her in the Weybread area.
A spokesperson said drivers may see police activity on road sides between Weybread and the Tilbury area over the coming days as officers on the enquiry extend searches to potential stopping places between the Stuart’s home and Essex.
Detective Chief Superintendent Simon Parkes said: “After carrying out work in the vicinity of the couple’s Weybread home, and at other locations linked to the enquiry, we are now expanding the search for Sylvia between Suffolk and Essex.
“While search officers in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire have been working together in the UK, we’re also continuing to work with international law enforcement on the hunt for Ali Qazimaj.”
Mrs Stuart and husband Peter were reported missing on Friday, June 3.
While search officers in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire have been working together in the UK, we’re also continuing to work with international law enforcement on the hunt for Ali Qazimaj
Mr Stuart had died from multiple stab wounds, with his body being found in woodland close to their Mill Lane home later that day.
Police are still keen to trace suspect Ali Qazimaj.
The 42-year-old, who has also previously used the alias of Marco Costa, had been living in the Tilbury area of Essex.
He is known to have left the country from Dover on Saturday, June 4, and police say enquiries are being made to locate him on the continent.
Anyone with information can contact Suffolk Police through the incident room on 01473 782000.