Lavenham High Street closed after chimney fire at The Greyhound
Lavenham High Street had to be closed this lunchtime after a small chimney fire in The Greyhound in the High Street.
Two fire crews attended the scene and the pub was evacuated.
The fire was at the top of the chimney stack in a wood burner.
Crews from Long Melford and the ladder platform from Ipswich East handled the incident and Police closed the High Street for a time.
Traffic was diverted through the Market Place causing some problems for larger vehicles and HGVs.
Police say the High Street has now re-opened.