Inquest hears pharmacist died after overdose
A Sudbury pharmacist died as a result of a drugs overdose, an inquest has heard.
Stephen Lunn, 42, failed to arrive for work at Boots on the town’s Market Hill on June 7.
The hearing last Monday at Bury St Edmunds was told that worried staff had called Mr Lunn’s home when he failed to show up by 10am. He had left home at 7am apparently to go to the store.
Assistant Suffolk Coroner Yvonne Blake said at 12.45pm the same day, Mr Lunn’s father-in-law found him inside a vehicle with a number of empty tablet packets.
Emergency services, including an air ambulance, were called but Mr Lunn could not be revived and he was declared dead just before 1.30pm.
A post mortem examination showed that Mr Lunn, who had been suffering from depression, died as a result of a morphine overdose.
Ms Blake adjourned the inquest until next month to allow further enquiries to be completed.