Home   News   Article

Firefighters extinguish tumble dryer which had set alight in building in Lavenham




Fire
Fire

Firefighters extinguished a tumble dryer which had set alight in a building in Lavenham.

A crew from Sudbury and another from Long Melford were called to the incident, in Market Place, at 1.02pm today.

On arrival crews found a heavily smoke logged cellar and isolated the power supply to a tumble dryer which had set alight.

They used four sets of breathing apparatus and a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire and ventilated the cellar.

The incident was under control at 1.59pm and crews were back at base by 2.58pm.



This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies - Learn More