THE siting of 350 homes earmarked for the Chilton Woods development is to be discussed next week.
Members of Sudbury Town Council’s planning and development committee will look into the positioning of the homes – which will be in addition to 700 houses already designated for the 270-acre site – at a meeting on Wednesday.
The debate comes after Waldingfield district councillor Jenny Antill hit out over the confusing nature of where homes on the £500million scheme will be built.
Mrs Antill told the Free Press last week that she believed the current proposals were a “muddle” with varying explanations from developer Redrow Homes and Babergh District Council making it unclear what the future holds for the land north of Sudbury.
Sue Ayres, a town councillor on the planning committee, said: “Hopefully this meeting will make things a lot clearer.
“We need the houses but there are still lots of questions to be asked and we need the answers.”
Plans for the multi-million pound project, which has been in the pipeline for the last decade, are likely to include the creation of a new school, as well as leisure and industrial areas.
The proposals were adopted in the district council’s local plan in 2006, although the authority has since set out fresh details in a document called the local development framework.
These plans are due to go out for public consultation at the start of June.