Company fined for dangerous fittings

Share this article

A Sudbury plastic moulding company has been told to pay more than £15,000 after unsafe electrical fittings were found at its factory.

Techplas Ltd, on Chilton Industrial Estate, pleaded guilty to breaching health and safety regulations at Bury St Edmunds Magistrates’ Court on Thursday.

Magistrates heard that inspectors from the Health and Safety Executive had found a live 400-volt cabling hanging off the wall and a broken socket when they visited the factory in October 2011 for an unrelated matter.

The company was fined £10,000, ordered to pay £5,930 in costs and told to make improvements.

The firm carries out vacuum forming and plastic fabrication with plastic.