AFC Sudbury: Tracey ready to sack AFC rebel

ANGRY: Chris Tracey
ANGRY: Chris Tracey

AFC Sudbury manager Chris Tracey has said he is waiting for a face-to-face meeting with an AWOL player to sack him from the first team, writes Russell Claydon.

The player, a regular fixture in his side, is said to have breached his contract repeatedly in recent weeks and sniggered at the Yellows boss when delivering a dressing down after the embarrassing 2-1 home defeat to Waltham Forest on January 28.

But Tracey has said he will not name the player until he has spoke to him in person, though is adamant he will never play for AFC Sudbury again.

“There will be a player who I will not name yet who will not play for the first-team again,” he said. “This is not only what went on at the time (after Waltham Forest) but they are constantly breaching the terms and conditions of being at this football club.

“They are not attending training, not reporting an injury to us and seeing someone outside the club, which are all things which a player in League football or non-League football has to follow the rules of.”

Tracey added: “The player needs to attend the club for me to speak to him face-to-face.

“Matters like this I do not like doing over the phone — you cannot see what they are feeling.”

But Tracey, who is hopeful of Saturday’s clash at Waltham Abbey (3pm) going ahead despite the weather, after the home game with Ware last Saturday was called off, has revealed he missed out on a player last week but is hot on the trail of a Conference South striker this week.

“I have been granted permission by his club to speak to him and it is whether he will want to come to the club.”

Meanwhile, should Saturday’s game go ahead, Jon Docker, who lives in the next town to Waltham Abbey, is in line to make his first appearance since suffering a groin injury.

n AFC chairman Phillip Turner on the club’s future: see page 63 of the Suffolk Free Press.