A 20-year-old man, found unresponsive at a house in Old Newton, died from bronchial pneumonia, an inquest has decided.
James Patrick had been left sleeping in bed by his partner when she went out on the morning of January 15 last year but when she returned later he could not be woken.
As efforts were made to revive Mr Patrick, an ambulance was called to the house in Stowmarket Road.
The inquest held today (November 28) in Bury St Edmunds heard that Mr Patrick was found with blood coming from his nose and mouth.
Mr Patrick, who had drunk six cans of lager and taken cannabis and medication, was declared dead at the scene.
The inquest heard that a post-mortem examination conducted by consultant pathologist Dr Sheila Purdy showed that Mr Patrick, who had a past history of anxiety and depression, died as a result of respiratory failure, bronchial pneumonia and the effects of alcohol and medication.
Assistant Suffolk Coroner Dr Daniel Sharpstone recorded a conclusion that Mr Patrick died as a result of bronchial pneumonia.