Charges against a Hartest man who was found dead at his home after being accused of child sex offences have been formally discontinued.
Martin Knock, of The Row, failed to turn up at Ipswich Crown Court on February 10 for the start of his trial.
Police officers sent to investigate found Knock’s body at his home at around midday on the same day.
Suffolk Police said there did not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.
Knock had pleaded not guilty to 10 offences of sexually assaulting a girl aged under 13 between July 2007 and July 2010.
The 49-year-old had also denied three offences of sexually assaulting a girl aged under 13 by penetration between July 2007 and July 2009.
The offences were alleged to have taken place in Lavenham.
After being given details of Knock’s death at Ipswich Crown Court on Friday, Judge David Goodin formally discontinued the prosecution.
Knock had been released on conditional bail following a court appearance in November.
He had been told that his trial could last up to four days.
An inquest into Knock’s death was opened and adjourned at Ip-City Centre in Ipswich at the end of last month.
A full inquest, at a date which is yet to be determined, will be held in due course.