Puppy finds itself in a sticky situation after eating glue

Marley the dog who swallowed a tube of glue. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134505001
Marley the dog who swallowed a tube of glue. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134505001

A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach.

Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after eating the glue.

X-ray of the stomach of Marley the dog after he swallowed a tube of glue. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134442001

X-ray of the stomach of Marley the dog after he swallowed a tube of glue. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134442001

When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh.

She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, because she was worried about complications.

Jan Wade from Dick White Referrals said: “At first, his owners thought he had just got it all over his paws and he seemed to be ok.

“The vet had decided to refer him to us because it had expanded but it was not attached to his stomach so they knew it wasn’t a tumour. “Sometimes Marley would be able to eat and it would pass through and other times he would not be able to eat at all.

The lump of glue which was removed from the stomach of Marley the dog. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134454001

The lump of glue which was removed from the stomach of Marley the dog. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134454001

“It was just bouncing around in his stomach.”

A thorough examination and an ultrasound showed a large “foreign body” in his stomach.

Surgical specialist Pieter Nellisen conducted an hour-long operation to remove the glue - which had expanded to a 15cm ball in Marley’s stomach.

Jan said: “It came as quite a surprise to his owners when they saw the photographs of the ball of expanded glue, which measured about 15cm in diameter.”

Marley the dog pictured after his operation with his vet and owners Beverley and Simon King. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134431001

Marley the dog pictured after his operation with his vet and owners Beverley and Simon King. See MASONS story MNGLUE; A puppy needed emergency surgery after a tube of glue it swallowed expanded into a 15cm ball in its stomach. Marley, a seven-month-old cocker spaniel, was rushed to the vets by his worried owners Simon and Beverley King after devouring the glue. When he started vomiting and not wanting to eat, X-rays were taken by vet Gemma Ninnmey at Highcliff Veterinary Practice in Hadleigh, Suffolk. She discovered a large obstruction in his stomach and referred him to specialist vets Dick White Referrals in Six Mile Bottom, near Newmarket, Suffolk because she was worried about complications. ANL-160321-134431001

Thankfully, Marley’s operation was a success was ready to return home a day later with no ill effects.

Marley’s owner, Simon, said: “The care that Marley has received here is second to none. The vets were brilliant and kept in touch with us throughout to let us know what was happening.”