A Sudbury man died from an alcohol overdose, an inquest heard.
Brian Boreham, 58, was last seen alive drinking with friends at a house in Highbury Way, Great Cornard, on July 29.
Later that same day, Kerry Nicholson, who had been cleaning at the address for her grandfather, heard a noise from a back room and went to investigate.
On the floor was Mr Boreham, who lived at Uplands Road, Sudbury. He was alone with his head under a chair and his body was twitching.
Monday’s inquest in Bury St Edmunds heard that efforts were made to revive Mr Boreham, but he was later declared dead at the scene by paramedics.
A subsequent post-mortem examination showed that Mr Boreham had more than four times the level of alcohol in his blood than the legal drink-drive limit.
In a written statement, consultant pathologist Dr Iwona Kaminska said that death had been due to an overdose of alcohol.
Assistant Suffolk coroner Dr Dan Sharpstone recorded a conclusion that Mr Boreham died as a result of alcohol intoxication.