DCSIMG

Trial of alleged sex offender found dead will not go ahead

Latest news from the Suffolk Free Press, suffolkfreepress.co.uk, @sfpsudbury on Twitter

Latest news from the Suffolk Free Press, suffolkfreepress.co.uk, @sfpsudbury on Twitter

A trial into accusations a Hartest man committed sex acts against a child will not take place, after he was found dead.

Police found the body of Martin Knock, from The Row, at his house last Monday at midday.

The 49-year-old had been due at Ipswich Crown Court earlier in the day for the start of his trial.

Knock had been charged with 12 counts of sexual assault on a child aged under 13 and four counts of sexual assault on a child by penetration. It was alleged the offences took place in Lavenham between July 2007 and July 2010.

Suffolk Police confirmed on Thursday that the body of Knock had been formally identified.

A spokeswoman for the Crown Prosecution Service said the courts would be formally notified of the death.

“In cases like this we apply for a court hearing to let the court know the trial will not go ahead,” she said.

This hearing is due to take place on March 10.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page