A former plumber died after developing a cancer linked to asbestos.
An inquest into the death of Hugh Smith, from Stanley Road, Sudbury, heard that he had been a plumber since 1956.
Daniel Sharpstone, assistant coroner for Suffolk, said that Mr Smith would have encountered extensive exposure to asbestos.
A post-mortem examination following the 73-year-old’s death at his home on January 18 found he had advanced mesothelioma – a cancer caused by asbestos dust.
Mr Sharpstone concluded the death was due to an industrial-related disease.