DCSIMG

OAP died while taking bath

Latest news from the Suffolk Free Press, suffolkfreepress.co.uk, @sfpsudbury on Twitter

Latest news from the Suffolk Free Press, suffolkfreepress.co.uk, @sfpsudbury on Twitter

A Long Melford man died after suffering heart failure while taking a bath.

Brian Bugg, from Cotswold Drive, died on March 11 last year.

An inquest into his death heard that the 80-year-old, who suffered from memory loss due to dementia, was being cared for by two friends.

Dr Daniel Sharpstone, assistant coroner for Suffolk, said Sandra Homes and her husband Keith were at Mr Bugg’s home when he died.

“Brian was taking a bath and at 3pm Sandra shouted upstairs to check if he was ok,” said Mr Sharpstone at Thursday’s hearing. “He replied that he was fine.”

Ten minutes later, Mrs Homes, who along with her husband had known Mr Bugg for 30 years, had once again shouted to him to ask if he would like a cup of tea.

“He told her to wait a minute but when Sandra and Keith, who had been outside in the garden, went upstairs, they found him dead,” said Mr Sharpstone.

Paramedics were called and Mr Bugg was pronounced dead at 3.50pm.

A post-mortem examination revealed that Mr Bugg had died from a pre-existing heart condition.

Mr Sharpstone reached a narrative conclusion that Mr Bugg’s death was due to heart disease and drowning.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page