DCSIMG

Man facing sex charges found dead

Latest crime and court news from the Suffolk Free Press, suffolkfreepress.co.uk, @sfpsudbury on Twitter

Latest crime and court news from the Suffolk Free Press, suffolkfreepress.co.uk, @sfpsudbury on Twitter

A body – believed to be that of a man accused of a series of sex acts on a child – has been found dead.

Martin Knock, of The Row, Hartest, had been charged with 12 counts of sexual assault on a child under the age of 13.

The 49-year-old was also charged with four counts of sexual assault on a child, also under 13-years-old, by penetration.

The offences, which Knock denied, were alleged to have taken place in Lavenham between July 2007 and July 2010.

Knock was due to appear at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday for the start of his trial, but failed to turn up.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said officers had been sent to a house in The Row, Hartest, at around midday on Monday and the body of a man had been found.

“I can confirm that officers attended an address in The Row where a man was found deceased,” said a police spokeswoman.

“The man’s death at this stage is being treated as unexplained but there do not appear to be any suspicious circumstances.”

She added that formal identification of the man had not yet taken place and police were therefore unable to confirm any details about him. The coroner has been informed.

Knock had been released on conditional bail following a previous court appearance in November.

He had been told that his trial was expected to last for four days.

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page