Clare Castle Country Park was packed with modern and vintage fire vehicles on Saturday to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the opening of the town’s fire station.
Clare has had a fire brigade since 1739. In the past, villagers used horse-drawn appliances and hand pumps housed in a barn and garage.
But a purpose-built fire station was opened in 1954 in Station Road and firefighters decided to use the opportunity of its 60th anniversary to hold the fun day and raise money for The Firefighters Charity and Clare Christmas Lights Fund.
Spectators watched fire demonstrations, while children enjoyed rides on a miniature train as well as a bouncy castle.