Friars Street blocked after couple injured in fire

TWO people were rushed to hospital following a propane fire in Sudbury, leaving Friars Street blocked for most of the afternoon.

A woman suffered burns to her face and her husband’s arm was burnt as fire crews were called to 50 Friars Street at 12.13pm, following a fire involving propane gas cylinders in an outbuilding behind the residence.

The couple were taken to Broomfield Hospital by ambulance.

For full story, see next week’s Free Press.