A 96-year-old woman died three days after being rescued from a fire at her home in Belchamp St Paul, an inquest has heard.
Kathleen Kemp was found by fire fighters collapsed in the bathroom of her bungalow in Gages Road on September 22.
After being given emergency medical attention at the scene by fire fighters and paramedics, Miss Kemp was taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds.
Today (Monday) an inquest in Bury St Edmunds heard that despite being treated with oxygen and fluids, Miss Kemp’s condition deteriorated and she died on September 25.
The inquest heard that Miss Kemp had health problems including memory impairment.
A post mortem examination showed that Miss Kemp had died as a result of acute smoke inhalation.
Assistant Suffolk Coroner Dr Daniel Sharpstone recorded a conclusion that Miss Kemp died from smoke inhalation as a result of a house fire.