A SUDBURY man arrested following the unexplained death of a woman from the town will face no further action after his bail was cancelled.
The 28-year-old was arrested on September 10 on suspicion of administering a noxious substance, after Joanne New was found dead at her home in Second Avenue earlier in the month.
The 34-year-old’s body was discovered by police on September 1 after a family member grew concerned about her welfare.
Initially police were not treating the death as suspicious but the arrested the man after uncovering fresh information.
He was taken to Bury Police Investigation Centre for questioning, but was later bailed to return to the centre this week.
On Tuesday a spokesman for Suffolk Police said the man was no longer believed to have been involved in Ms New’s death.
“His bail has been cancelled and he will not face any further action,” he said.
A post-mortem into how Ms New died following her death proved inconclusive.